The Benefits of Promotional Bus Hire for Universities and Educational Projects
Universities are always looking for ways to attract more students, especially those from underrepresented groups or areas. One of the most effective ways to do this is to take their brand and message directly to the communities they want to reach. This is where promotional buses come in handy.
Promotional buses are specially converted vehicles that can be used for various purposes, such as exhibitions, training, meetings, health checks or consultations. They can be branded with the university’s logo, colours and images, and equipped with different features, such as IT systems, display areas, private rooms or digital screens.
By hiring a promotional bus from a company like Roadshow Promotions, universities can create a mobile campus that can travel to different locations and engage with potential students and their families. They can showcase their courses, facilities, achievements and opportunities in a fun and interactive way. They can also answer questions, provide advice and guidance, and collect feedback and data.
In this blog post, we will explore some of the benefits of hiring a promotional bus for universities and share some examples of successful campaigns that have used this strategy.
Benefits of Hiring a Promotional Bus
Hiring a promotional bus can offer many advantages for universities that want to increase their brand awareness and student recruitment. Some of the benefits, especially when utilising a one of our corporate class buses, are:
- Flexibility: Promotional buses can be customized to suit different needs and goals. They can be used for various types of events, such as open days, fairs, festivals, school visits or community outreach. They can also be adapted to different audiences, such as school leavers, mature students, parents or teachers.
- Visibility: Promotional buses can attract attention and curiosity wherever they go. They can stand out from the crowd with their eye-catching design and features. They can also display digital screens or banners that can broadcast the university’s message or invite people to come on board.
- Accessibility: Promotional buses can reach places that are otherwise difficult or expensive to access. They can visit rural areas, deprived neighbourhoods or remote regions that may have low levels of participation in higher education. They can also park in convenient locations, such as high streets, shopping centres or public spaces.
- Engagement: Promotional buses can create a positive and memorable experience for potential students and their influencers. They can offer a friendly and informal environment where people can interact with staff and students from the university. They can also provide hands-on activities, demonstrations or games that can spark interest and curiosity.
- Impact: Promotional buses can generate leads and conversions for the university. They can collect contact details, applications or registrations from interested visitors. They can also measure the effectiveness of their campaign by tracking the number of visitors, feedback or follow-ups.
Examples of Successful Campaigns
Many universities have used promotional buses to promote their brand and courses to different audiences. Here are some examples of successful campaigns that have used this strategy
Liverpool Hope University: This university hired a double decker promotional bus from Roadshow Promotions to tour around the UK and showcase their academic standards and pastoral care. The bus was branded with the university’s logo and slogan “Hope is a very special place to learn”.
The bus had a lower saloon with display panels and leaflets, and an upper saloon with seating areas and laptops. The bus visited schools, colleges and public events, and engaged with prospective students and their parents.
University of Cumbria: Hired a double decker promotional bus from Roadshow Promotions to raise awareness of their courses and campuses across Cumbria and beyond. The bus was wrapped with the university’s branding and images of students and staff.
The bus had an exhibition area with interactive screens, brochures and giveaways. The bus also had a consultation area where visitors could talk to staff members and get more information. The bus toured around various locations in Cumbria, Lancashire and Yorkshire, and reached out to school leavers, mature students and career changers.
HeppSY: This is a collaborative project between Sheffield Hallam University, the University of Sheffield and South Yorkshire colleges to increase higher education participation among young people from underrepresented backgrounds.
The project hired a double decker exhibition bus from Roadshow Promotions to deliver workshops and activities to schools across South Yorkshire. The bus was branded with the HeppSY+ logo and colours.
The bus had a lower saloon with a presentation area and a quiz machine. The bus also had an upper saloon with seating areas and iPads. The bus visited over 100 schools in two years and inspired over 10,000 students to consider higher education.
Promotional buses are an innovative and effective way for universities to boost their brand awareness and student recruitment. They offer flexibility, visibility, accessibility, engagement and impact for any type of educational campaign. Whether it is to showcase their courses and facilities, to deliver training or health services, or to inspire and support underrepresented groups, universities can benefit from hiring a promotional bus from a company like Roadshow Promotions.
Roadshow Promotions is a leading provider of promotional bus hire, lease and vehicle conversion services in the UK. They have a fleet of vehicles that can cater to different needs and budgets. They also offer additional services such as vehicle branding, management and staffing. They have worked with many universities and educational projects over the years, and have helped them achieve their goals and reach their target audiences.
If you are interested in hiring a promotional bus for your university or educational campaign, contact us today and get a quote. They will help you design and deliver a successful and memorable promotional tour that will make a difference for your institution and your community.