8 Steps on How to Plan a Mobile Clinic Tour for Your Organisation
If you are looking for a flexible and convenient way to provide healthcare services to your clients or community, you might want to consider hiring a mobile clinic. A mobile clinic is a vehicle that is equipped with medical equipment and facilities, such as an audiometry booth, a patient couch, a vaccination fridge, and clinician workspace. A mobile clinic can help you reach more people, offer more services, save costs and improve patient satisfaction.
But how do you plan a mobile clinic tour that works for your healthcare goals and budget? Here are 8 steps you can follow:
1. Define your objectives and target audience.
Before you start planning your mobile clinic tour, you need to have a clear idea of what you want to achieve and who you want to reach.
- What are the main services or treatments you want to offer?
- What are the benefits of your healthcare services?
- Who are your ideal clients or patients and where can you find them?
- How do you want them to respond to your mobile clinic?
2. Choose your mobile clinic type and design.
Depending on your objectives and target audience, you can choose from different types of mobile clinics, such as
- Vans: These are small vehicles that can be used for simple or general health services. They are easy to drive and park, but have limited space and equipment. Not something that is usually available for hire, with new build costs ranging between £130,000 – £300,000 which includes the cost of the van, the conversion, and specialised medical equipment.
- Trailers: These are large vehicles that can be towed by a truck or a van depending upon the size of trailer, which range from 3m – 13m in length. They can provide more space and equipment than vans, and can be used for complex or specialised health services. They can also be customised to suit different needs and requirements. Rental costs are usually based upon the size of the trailer with smaller trailers starting at between £1,500 per week, larger, articulated, trailers starting at around £4,500 per week, in all cases delivery and collection would be extra. Developing a new trailer would result in costs ranging between £28,000 for a small unit to £250,000 plus for a large articulated trailer, prices do not include the units required for moving the trailer or the medical equipment aboard them.
- Buses: These are self-propelled vehicles that can offer a combination of mobility and functionality. They can be used for a variety of health services, and can be adapted to different layouts and designs. Rental costs start from around £1,500 to £3,000 per week depending upon the vehicle size and duration of tour. Developing a new mobile clinic bus can have a conversion cost, ranging from £50,000 – £100,000 depending upon the size of vehicle, in addition would be the cost of the actual bus, which could range between £10,000 for a pre-used vehicle to in excess of £350,000 for a new double decker bus.
You can also customise the interior and exterior of the mobile clinic with your branding, graphics, colours and slogans. You can either hire a pre-converted mobile clinic from a specialised company or purchase and convert your own vehicle.
For an indicative cost of developing a mobile clinic why not use our Vehicle Conversion Calculator
3. Plan your route and schedule.
Once you have your mobile clinic ready, you need to decide where and when you want to take it. You can either plan a fixed route that covers specific locations and events that are relevant to your target audience, or you can be more flexible and spontaneous and go where the demand is. You also need to consider the logistics of driving, parking and setting up the mobile clinic, as well as the permits and regulations that may apply in different areas.
4. Create your content and activities.
The next step is to plan what you want to do on the mobile clinic and how you want to engage with your audience. You can create different types of content and activities depending on your objectives and target audience, such as health screenings, consultations, vaccinations, education or promotion. You can also use social media, videos, photos or podcasts to document and share your mobile clinic with a wider audience.
5. Hire your staff and partners.
To run a successful mobile clinic, you will need a team of staff and partners who can help you with different aspects of the service. You will need a driver who can safely operate the mobile clinic, as well as clinicians, technicians, nurses or experts who can provide healthcare services on the mobile clinic. You may also need partners who can provide additional services or support, such as catering, security, equipment or media coverage.
6. Set your budget and track your expenses.
Hiring a mobile clinic can be costly, so you need to set a realistic budget and track your expenses throughout the service. You will need to consider the costs of hiring or buying the mobile clinic, branding it, fuelling it, insuring it, staffing it, creating content and activities for it, marketing it and measuring its impact. You can use online tools such as Roadshow Promotions Tour Cost Calculator or Vehicle Conversion Cost Calculator to help you manage your budget and expenses.
7. Launch your mobile clinic service and have fun!
The final step is to launch your mobile clinic service and have fun! Make sure you have everything ready before you hit the road, such as your mobile clinic, staff, content, activities, schedule and permits. Be prepared for any challenges or changes that may arise along the way, such as traffic jams, weather conditions or technical issues. Be flexible and adaptable to make the most of every opportunity. And most importantly, have fun with your audience and make them feel valued!
8. Evaluate your mobile clinic service and learn from it.
After you finish your mobile clinic service, you need to evaluate its performance and learn from it. You can use different methods and metrics to measure the success of your service, such as client satisfaction, patient outcomes, feedback collected, social media engagement or media coverage. You can also ask for feedback from your staff, partners and audience to find out what worked well and what could be improved for future services.
Ready to plan your mobile clinic hire?
A mobile clinic hire can be a great way to provide healthcare services to your clients or community. But it requires careful planning and execution to make it a success. If you follow the steps above, you will be well on your way to creating a mobile clinic service that will meet your healthcare goals and budget.
If you are looking for a way to bring your health message to your target audience, you should consider hiring a mobile clinic from Roadshow Promotions. They are the UK’s leading promotional vehicle hire company, with a large fleet of pre-converted buses including those that can handle various health campaigns.
They can also design, brand, manage and staff your mobile clinic service to make it a success. And if you need a custom-built mobile clinic that meets your specific requirements, Roadshow Promotions can also offer you their coach building services.
They have the expertise and experience to convert any bus, truck or van into a fully functional and attractive mobile clinic. Whether you need a short-term or a long-term use.
Roadshow Promotions can offer you a flexible and affordable package that will suit your needs and preferences. Contact us today for a free consultation and quote!